Jacques Torres’ Secret Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 pounds bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on baking sheets.
- Beat butter and sugars with the paddle attachment of the mixer.
- Add eggs, one by one, beating well after each egg.
- Lower speed and add baking soda, vanilla, both flours, chocolate and baking powder.
- Beat until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture using 4″ or 1″ scoop on the baking sheets 2″ apart.
- Bake about 15 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheets before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Submitted by: Ruby Simmons